Gender Scan: Growth and Well Being Pregnancy Scan (20 weeks +) €150
This includes photographs and a computer print out of details obtained.
The purpose of this Gender Scan: Growth and Well Being scan:
- to determine gender (from 20 weeks gestation ).
Sometimes due to presentation and lie, baby is not in a favourable position to determine the gender. If this is the case it may be necessary for you to return for one further scan appointment when hopefully baby will be in a more favourable position.
Gender determination is 85% accurate.
- to determine the lie & presentation of the baby (breech or cephalic)
- to estimate fetal weight
- to determine the location of the placenta
- to measure the fluid around the baby
- to measure the blood flow in the baby’s umbilical artery