Growth & Well Being (22 weeks +) €150
This includes photographs and a computer print out of details obtained.
The purpose of this Growth & Well Being scan is:
- to determine the lie & presentation of the baby (breech or cephalic)
- to estimate fetal weight
- to determine the location of the placenta
- to measure the fluid around the baby
- to measure the blood flow in the baby’s umbilical artery
- to determine gender (from 19 weeks gestation ).
It is not always possible to determine the gender of the baby due to the presentation or lie of the baby. If we are unable to determine gender on the day an appointment for a further scan will be made when hopefully baby will be in a more favourable position. Gender Determination is 85% accurate